The Swindon Inn, a plain rendered building, was on the corner with Queen Street. Numbered 226 Swindon Road in 1939 Kellys directory. It closed in 1963, most likely at the same time as the Swindon Arms, and the licence was transferred to the Railway Inn.
John Williams is recorded as owner and occupier of the Swindon Inn in 1891. He leased the pub to the Cheltenham Original Brewery. The local town brewery had purchased the Swindon Inn outright by the time of the following licensing returns in 1903. Licensed as a beer house the rateable value assessment per annum on the property remained constant at £15.5s.0d.
Landlords at the Swindon Inn include:
1870,1885 John Williams
1891 John Williams
1903 Alfred Spencer
1926 Mrs H. Spencer
1939 Mrs E. Beard