The Swindon Arms was on the corner with Hope Street. 258 Swindon Road in 1939 Kellys. The licence was possibly relinquished when the Railway Inn was constructed.
James Biddle was the owner and occupier of the Swindon Arms in 1891 and 1903. It was a licensed beer house and traded as a free house, without brewery tie. The annual rateable value was set at £15.5s.0d. and remained at that level during those twelve years.
Landlords at the Swindon Arms include:
1891,1903 James Biddle
1927 Albert Edward Biddle
1939 James A. Cocks