Donnington Brewery once had two pubs in Chipping Campden, the Kings Arms and the Swan Inn. It is regrettable that this well loved Cotswold brewery no longer supplies its beer to Chipping Campden pubs. A Donnington tied house in one of the prettiest towns in England would be most welcome!
Today the Swan is an antique shop with a swan sign hanging outside.
Owner in 1891: Richard Iles Arkell, Donnington Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Richard Iles Arkell, Donnington Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £14.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Swan Inn include:
1856 W. Drury
1885 George Mansell Taplin
1891 Richard Stead. Alehouse.
1902,1906 John George Skey