See also Original Stout House
2,St. Georges Place. Henry Herbert is listed at the Dublin Stores in 1870. At that time there is also a reference to the Original Inn in St. Georges Street (?). In 1883 the name is listed simply as the Ale & Wine vaults. It was known as the Original Stout House in the 1891 and 1903 petty sessional divisional records.
Henry Herbert was the owner / occupier of the Original Stout House in the 1891 licensing records, and the premises was classified as a beer house which traded free from brewery tie. The annual rateable value of the property is not given. The Original Stout House was still in the ownership of the Herbert family twelve years later in 1903 with Mrs Herbert listed as owner. The leasehold had been taken by the Flowers Brewery of Stratford on Avon with Charles Moulder listed as occupying landlord. Again, there is no indication of rateable value in 1903.
1870 C. Evans (Original Inn, St. Georges Street (sic)
1870,1891 Henry Herbert
1903 Charles Moulder
1939 Mrs Laura K. Holtam