According to the petty sessional licensing books the Spread Eagle was owned by the Stroud Brewery in 1891, but ownership had been transferred to the rival Godsell’s Brewery in 1903.
The Spread Eagle has been demolished and houses have since been built on the site.
Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £13.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Spread Eagle include:
1856 J. Hopkins
1891, 1897 John Webb
1902 William Gardiner
1903 Martin Gardner
1906 Charles Nelmes