Smuggs Barn is now an attractive Cotswold stone private house. It is situated near to the Village Hall. Although the contemporary records of 1891 and 1903 state that the Smuggs Barn was owned by the Cirencester Brewery it is also recorded that beers were once supplied by the Nelson Home Brewery in Cirencester, possibly in its latter years.
The license for the Smuggs Barn beerhouse was extinguished in 1927.
Map Reference: SP 054114
Owner in 1891: Cripps & Co., Cirencester Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £10.16s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Cirencester Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Smuggs Barn Inn include:
1861,1881 Fred Bartlett
1885 Daniel Massey
1891 John Bay. Beerhouse
1903 Raymond Massey