Pebworth is a small village located two miles to the north-east of Mickleton. The village was originally in Gloucestershire but it is now in Worcestershire yet only half a mile away from the boundary with Warwickshire.
The Shoulder of Mutton was an idyllic thatched pub located in the hamlet of Broad Marston, a quarter of a mile east of Pebworth. The Grade II building is now in residential use.
Map Reference: SP 139464
Owner in 1891: William Turner’s Caudlewell Brewery, Shipton on Stour
Rateable value in 1891: £11.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Flowers & Sons, Stratford on Avon
Rateable value in 1903: £12.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
1891, 1903 James Kilby