94 Dyer Street in original numbering. 

Image: Rick Martin

The Ship Inn was a gabled building and was demolished c.1897. During demolition it was noted that the studded door had the date 1688 carved into it.

On the site are two semi-detached houses, which face Marks and Spencers food shop.

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: Cirencester Brewery

Rateable Value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.

Type of license in 1891: Alehouse

Landlords at the Ship Inn include:

1820 Mary Tombs

1830 Richard Acott (Ship Tavern)

1840 Sarah Vivian

1856 J. Bolton

1871 Henry Coates

1885,1891  William Wakefield

Share this Page: