Cheltenham Original Brewery were the owners of the Sherborne Arms in 1891 and 1903. It was licensed as an ale house. The annual rateable value in 1891 was set at £14.5s.0d. increasing by one pound to £15.5s.0d. in 1903.
Number 33 Sherborne Street in 1919 and 1939. The Sherborne Arms closed in January 2004, then briefly reopened, only to call ‘last orders’ for the final time.
Landlords at the Sherborne Arms include:
1830 Thomas Herbert
1856,1859 Henry Iles
1870,1878 Mrs Aust
1883 Daniel Evans
1885 Mrs Martha Evans
1891 Frances Goode
1902,1906 William Phillips (William Walter Phillips in 1903)
1919,1927 Henry Gage (Henry George Gage in 1926)
1939 George Holder
2000 Arthur Hillidge