The original site of the Sherborne Arms was in a row of terraced houses on the eastern corner of Farmington Road. The buildings were demolished to make way for the widening of the road. The present Sherborne Arms is a distinctive 15th century half timbered single gabled building close to the famous church.
For those who watched the BBC3 mockumentary ‘This Country’ on television, they might recognise the Sherborne Arms in its disguise as The Keepers Arms – Martin Mucklow’s local boozer.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Owner in 1891: Exors of T. Teall (leased Tayler’s Cotswold Brewery, Northleach)
Rateable value in 1891: £10.8s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Tayler’s Cotswold Brewery, Northleach
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Sherborne Arms include:
1856 Mrs A. Sparshott
1885,1891 David Radburn
1902 Mrs Annie Radburn
1903,1906 Charles Gillett
1919 Mrs Louisa Gillett
1927 James Hunt
1939 J. Hunt
1995 Andrew Keedwell and Lisa Thomas
2001(October) Tina Hoban
2002 Angela and Graham Halliday
2007 Stephen Wilson (landlord), Malcolm Bough (manager)