In 1891 and 1903 the premises is listed in the licensing books of Gloucestershire without having a name. Thomas Lewis, the occupier in 1891, is named the executor of Mary Lawrence. This presumably refers to having been appointed to perform the instructions of her will rather than being her assassin!
The premises was purchased by the Cirencester Brewery on 31st July 1936. The Shepherds Arms closed its doors to the public when the last bottles of beer were sold many years ago.
The building is now a private residence called Shepherds Arms.
Map Reference: SO 979010
Owner in 1891: Earl Bathurst (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1891: £5.8s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse (off sales only)
Owner in 1903: T.W. Matthews (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1903: £5.8s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse (off sales only)
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Owner in 1936: Cirencester Brewery
1891 Thomas Lewis
1903 Georgina Lawrence