The Shears Inn was on the eastern side of Nailsworth, overlooking the towns railway station. The Cotswold stone building is now a private house. Above the front door the words ‘The Shears Inn’ can still be seen although the word ‘Inn’ has been painted over. The Shears Inn ceased trading as a pub c1967.
Map Reference: ST 850999
Owner in 1891: George Dean (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £10.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £10.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Full licence
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Shears Inn include:
1856 N. Dean
1885,1891 George Dean
1902,1906 Frank Holborough
1919,1927 Frank Holbrow
1939,1968 Harry Parker