The owners in 1891 and 1903, the Robins Brothers, resided in Australia. The Shears Inn closed at the beginning of the First World War in June 1914.
The Shears Inn was demolished in the early 1960’s and a small development of three houses were built on the site and given the address the Shears.
Owner in 1891: Robins Bros., Australia (leased Clissold & Son, Nailsworth Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £8.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Robin Bros., Austrailia (leased Nailsworth Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £8.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Shears Inn include:
1891 Arthur R. Lusty.
1903 George Thomas Morgan