Numbered 6 Larput Place in 1926. The building is now an end of terrace private house with nothing to indicate that it was once a pub.
William Henry Barker was the owner / occupier of the Saddlers Arms in 1891 and, according to the licensing records, he ran it free from brewery tie. The Saddlers Arms was a licensed beer house and had an annual rateable value of £15.5s.0d.
In the 1903 licensing records the pub was still in the ownership of the Barker family with Isabella Lydia Barker listed as owner occupier. The Saddlers Arms remained as a free house and the annual rateable value had increased by one pound and fifteen shillings to £17.0s.0d.
Landlords at the Saddlers Arms include:
1870,1878 Mrs Jemima Holloway
1883 William Barker
1891 William Henry Barker
1903 Isabella Lydia Barker
1939 Albert E. Taylor