The first reference to a licensed premises on the site is in 1836. However, it is not recorded in the 1891 or 1903 Gloucestershire licensing books as the Ryeworth Inn. It may have been an un-named beer house.
Cheltenham Chronicle 25 October 1881 – “On the application of Mr. R. Lewis, the license of the Ryeworth Inn, Charlton Kings, was temporarily transferred from Thomas Lane to Samuel Hawkes”
Gloucester Journal 26 February 1876 – it mentions the sale of a “COPYHOLD BEERHOUSE, formerly called the “RED LION Inn,” but now known as “THE RYEWORTH INN”
Gloucester Journal 01 April 1876 – talks about the results of the auction “the Ryeworth Inn to Mr. Agg-Gardner’s agent, at 600l.”
The pub is now permanently closed.
This page will be updated.
Landlords at the Ryeworth Inn include:
1915,1939 Richard Alfred Fowler
2001 Steve Lee
2001-2008 Andrew Heseltine