The Russell Arms was located on the northern corner of Upper Park Street, close to the junction with London Road.
Cheltenham Original Brewery were the owners of the Russell Arms in both the 1891 and 1903 licensing records. The licence was for an ale house and the annual rateable value throughout those twelve years was a constant £40.5s.0d.
The Russell Arms recently called ‘last orders’ for the final time.
More details will be added to this description in a future update. (archived March 2022)
Landlords at the Russell Arms include:
1859 Stephen Nash
1870 Mr Hilbart
1885,1891 Mrs Mary Hibberd
1902,1903 Herman Rautenberg
1919 William Lionel Haines
1926,1927 Thomas Eakets
1939 Frank Thomas Fowkes
1997 Shaun Ballantine
2005 Elaine Green