The Royal Toby, late 1950’s ‘estate pub’ in the Princess Elizabeth Way area of Cheltenham, was originally tied to the Bass Charrington Brewery.
In August 1992 it was bought by the respected Banks’s Brewery of Wolverhampton and was renamed the Lion.
It was later sold as a free house and traded as the Gold Cup from April 2002 until closing down in 2005.
1992 Bob and Diana Pavey
1998 David Robinson
2002 Patrick Lewis