The Royal Oak was above and opposite the natural spring on Well Hill. The present day address is 19 Rowleys, Well Hill.
The Gloucester Citizen reported on 14th February 1907 that the nearest house to the Royal Oak was the Salutation Inn, which was 156 yards away. There were seven other licensed houses within quarter of a mile. The license of the Royal Oak was refused.
Map Reference: SO 872006
Owner in 1891: George Playne, Forwood Brewery, Minchinhampton
Rateable value in 1891: £11.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £11.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Royal Oak include:
1891 John Harman
1903 George Dark