The Royal Oak is listed in an inventory of Stroud Brewery property in 1928 with ‘two condemned cottages adjoining’. The location of the Royal Oak is in Shute Street, on the corner of the road where it meets the road to Middleyard and Selsley (Broad Street). It is now a private residence that has been modified out of all recognition.
Map Reference: SO 813033
Rateable Value in 1891: £13.10s.0d.
Owner in 1891: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Rateable Value in 1903: £15.0s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Royal Oak include:
1891 Charles Collier
1903 Francis John Brunsdon