The Royal Oak is in the centre of Chipping Sodbury. The pub sign is housed in an enormous cast iron bracket.
Owner in 1891: Thomas Pullen (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £30.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: John Harding Dagger (leased John Arnold & Sons, High Street, Wickwar)
Rateable value in 1903: £40.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 11 p.m.
Landlords at the Royal Oak include:
1856 Mrs E. Cook
1885 Thomas Pullen (senior)
1891 Thomas Pullen
1903, 1927 John Harding Dagger
1939 Harold John Goodman
2000 John Febry and Rita Hinder