32 Lower Westgate Street
The Royal Forester was near to Westgate Bridge by the River Severn. The Bridge Inn, on the north side of Lower Westgate Street, stood opposite.
In 1909 the Royal Forester was referred to the compensation authority for closure. It was stated as “not being required to meet the wants of the neighbourhood.” At the time it was owned by Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery.
Landlords at the Royal Forester include:
1879 Dinah Castle (Royal Forester, Island)
1893 H. Watts
1906 Mrs C. Young