The original pub was built in 1840 and set further back. The licence was transferred to the present Rose & Crown when the building was completed in 1890.

Map reference: ST 689861

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: J.W. Phelps (free from brewery tie)

Rateable value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse

Owner in 1903: J.W. Phelps (free from brewery tie)

Rateable value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords at the Rose & Crown include:

1856 Mrs C. Werrett

1885,1906 William Werrett Williams

1919 William T. Hill

1920? Mr Woodhall

1927 Samuel A. Smith

  ?     Mr Greenslade

  ?     Mr Hooper

1939 Walter Wallace

1963 – 1993  B. Risdale

1993  Yvonne Carter and Martin Hulbert

Share this Page: