The Rose & Crown dates back to 1640. The old coaching inn is located on the A420.
Owner in 1891: Bath United Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £28.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Bath United Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Rose & Crown include:
1856 W. Amos (Crown Inn)
1885 Thomas Jakeways (Crown Inn)
1891,1897 Thomas Honey
1902,1906 Mary Jane Gerrish (Mrs Mary Gerrish in 1902)
1919,1927 Tobias Cryer
1939 Elsie E. Cryer
2000 Stephen and Yvonne Thompson