The Roebuck Brewery/ Inn became known as the Golden Lion.
Originally numbered 215 High Street and renumbered 393. It is now the Chicken Barbeque fish & chip shop.
The Golden Lion closed down in 1872. In 1883 the premises was occupied by a tobacconist.
1839 Roebuck Brewery
1844 William Mann (Roebuck Inn, 215 High Street)
1856 J. Edwards
1859 Edward Charlwood
1870 Henry Goulding (Golden Lion)