James Connor was the owner of the Robin Hood Inn in 1891, a licensed beer house of which he ran as a free house without brewery tie. The annual rateable value in 1891 was £15.5s.0d. which had increased by fifteen shillings to £16.0s.0d. in 1903. By the beginning of the 20th century the Robin Hood had been purchased by Flowers & Sons of Stratford of Avon.
The Gloucestershire Echo reported on 10th March 1927 that : “the house was frequented by young fellows and girls from all parts of the town and was not used so much by the people of the street. The tenant Lionel Davies disagreed stating that during the week his chief customers were residents of the street, and had 45 regular customers… The house did a substantial trade of 130 barrels a year of beer and cider.”
Numbered 21 St. James Street in 1926 town directory
Landlords at the Robin Hood Inn include:
1870,1891 William Perrott
1903 Daniel Larner
1926 Lionel Davis