The Rising Sun was located at Old Hill on the eastern side of the village. The Rising Sun Inn was referred to the Compensation Authority c.1922 and presumably closed soon after. It is now in residential use and called Rising Sun Cottage.
Map Reference: ST 885982
Owner in 1891: Mrs Hannah Wilkins (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Esther Glastonbury (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Rising Sun include:
1891 Elijah Glastonbury
1903 Esther Glastonbury