The Rising Sun was tucked away up a quiet country lane about a mile to the south of Hartpury. It is actually located within the parish of Maisemore. The pub was also known as the ‘Salt Box’. Landlord Tom Madden believed that this refers to a time when a building on the site was used to store salt being transported to Gloucester.
The Rising Sun closed a few years ago.
This page will be updated with additional information
Map Reference: SO 803234
Owner in 1891: William Wadley (free from brewery tie)
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Maria Barnes (leased to Ind Coope & Co. Burton on Trent
Rateable value in 1903: £14.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Rising Sun include:
1891,1903 George Bishop
1936,1939 Mrs Emily Percy
1957 A. Geo. Hale
2008 Tom and Jan Maddon