The Reservoir Inn is situated midway between Charlton Kings and Lower Dowdeswell on the A40. The inn was built at the time of the construction of the Cheltenham reservoir and the license was transferred from the White Swan.
In 1981 it had a major refurbishment by Whitbread which took four months to complete.
In May 1997 the Reservoir Inn was acquired by Steak Inns. The name changed to the Hungry Bear in 1998. At that time it was offering Toby Bitter at 99p a pint on weekdays.
On December 21st 1999 the name changed again to the Waterside Inn. The new owners were Morrells of Oxford – once proud family brewers but operating in 1999 as a pub chain. The restaurant at the pub was called Joe’s Original Tapas Bar and Grill.
Greene King took over the Morrell’s pub company in 2002. It reverted back to the Reservoir in November 2006. The pub was closed during the summer and autumn of 2007, re-opened briefly, only to close permanently.
The premises is now an Indian Restaurant – Koleshi.
This page will be updated.
1926 Arthur J. Bee
1939 Thomas John Edgar Phipps
1997 Mark Priestley (manager, Reservoir Inn – Steak Inns)
1999 David and Carrie ?
2003 Neal Frankel and Mark Vincent (Waterside Inn)
2003 (Dec) Michael (Mickey) and Karen Kearns
2006 (March) Damien Doeblin, Roy Hampton, Adam Hackforth-Walker