The Red Lion amalgamated with the Royal Oak at the end of the 18th century, which took over the premises. There is a Red Lion House in St Marys Street.
Map reference: SO 868098
Owner in 1891: Holmes, Harper & Co.
Rateable value in 1891: £9.10s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
1781 John Keen (Red Lyon)
1856 J. Keene
1885 Henry Ely
1891 David Phillips