The Red Lion in the High Street was located on the north side of Unicorn Alley, directly opposite from the entrance to Red Lane. It closed in 1867 and was demolished soon afterwards. 

A pair of semi-detached, red brick cottages were built on the site. These were then demolished and Boots now occupies the site of the Red Lion.

Map Reference: SO 895330

Landlords at the Red Lion include:

1830,1837 John Perks

1851 Henry Spiers

1851-1853 Edwin Merrick

1853,1859 Richard Collins

1860 Harriet Woodhouse

1864 Francis Morse

1864-1866 Thomas Moss

1866-1867 Joseph Walker

Share this Page: