In 1851 Ham is recorded as having five beerhouses of which the Red Lion was one. The Red Lion was opposite the green in Ham. The property is now known as Ham Green Cottages.
The house deeds of the property dated from 1857 mentions the Red Lion name. A couple of old pots have been dug up in the garden with the name “T. Mann” on them.
Owner in 1891: Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1891: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Cheltenham Original Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £17.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Red Lion include:
1891 Samuel Hawkes
1903 Ann Simmonds Turner