The Red Lion was on the corner of the B4058 and Church Lane known as Long Cross. It is now a private house called the Old Red Lion.
Owner in 1891: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable Value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery
Rateable Value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Landlords at the Red Lion include:
1856 J. Smith
1885,1891 Lucy Hobbs (Mrs Lucy Hobbs in 1885)
1891 Lucy Hobbs
1902 William Trott
1903 Charles E. Hendy
1906 Edwin H. Collins
1919,1927 Joseph Dyer
1939 Arthur Thomas Nelson