The Railway Tavern, on the A361 Burford Road, was a third of a mile to the south of the railway station on the G.W.R. Fairford branch line. It is now a house on the corner of Hambridge Lane called the Old Railway Tavern.
Map Reference: SP 215001
Owner in 1891: Eliza M. Kinch (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1891: £8.17s.8d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: R.B. Bowley, North Wilts Brewery, Swindon
Rateable Value in 1903: £8.17s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Railway Tavern include:
1891 Eliza M. Kinch
1903,1913 John Willis
1939 James Edwin Warrack