Cheltenham Original Brewery were the owners of the Railway Inn in 1891 and 1903. Licensed as an ale house it had an annual rateable value of £23.15s.0d., remaining at that level throughout those years.
The Railway Inn was something of a misnomer as there was no railway nearby. In fact the name refers to the horse-drawn tramway which passed in front of the pub on its route from Queens Road to Leckhampton Road. The pub closed many years ago but decorative bar etched windows remain in situ. It traded as a charity shop in the 1990’s (nearly new shop) but has since been converted into residential use.
Landlords at the Railway Inn include:
1859 Mary Thornett
1883 Mrs Brown
1885 William Stanbridge
1891 Valentine Hildebrand
1902,1903,1906 George William Bullock
1919,1939 Frederick C. Boreham