Blockley was in Worcestershire prior to 1931.
The Railway Inn was built in 1850 to accommodate the needs of ‘navvies’ working on the new railway line (the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway – ‘Old Worse & Worse’). The navvies were notorious for their behaviourand were not welcome in the other village inns. It was a Donnington Ales (Arkell) House run for many years by George and Olive Cox. The Railway Inn was next to Porch House. It is now a private house called ‘Puffers.’
1939 George H. Cox