The Queens Head was on the right-hand side of the road going up the hill in a northerly direction towards Newland. This unclassified road forms the boundary between England and Wales. The Queens Head was in Gloucestershire whilst the Founders Arms on the opposite side of the road was in Monmouthshire, Wales. The Queens Head is now a private residence called the Old Inn.
The Queens Head in Upper Redbrook was once owned by the Redbrook Brewery. The Queens Head was in the portfolio of 18 freehold and 4 leasehold hotels and public houses that were included in the sale by auction of the Redbrook Brewery on 8th December 1904. The Queens Head was eventually acquired, together with the Bush Inn in Redbrook by Ind Coope & Co. of Burton on Trent in 1923.
Landlords at the Queens Head include:
1906 Thomas Hawkins
1919,1927 Mrs Eliza Hawkins
1939 Bernard John Beard