Aston Cross is the crossroads of the present day (A438) Tewkesbury to Stow road and the B4079 Bredon Road. . Godsell & Sons of Stroud owned the Queens Head in 1903. It was probably the most northerly Godsell’s pub and one of the furthest away from the Salmon Springs Brewery. Stroud Brewery Company took over Godsell’s in March 1928 and the Queens Head became part of their pub estate.
The Queens Head has closed and is in residential use.
This page will be updated with additional information.
Owner in 1891: Ann Tovey (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £25.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Rateable value in 1903: £34.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Owner in 1928: Stroud Brewery Company
Landlords at the Queens Head include:
1885,1891 Thomas Drinkwater
1902,,1906 James Davies
1919,1927 Thomas William Spiers
1939 Thomas Miles Hawker
late ‘50’s / early ‘60’s William Henry Mills
1995,2007 Noel and Pat Murphy