There was a beerhouse in the parish of Nupend, near Stonehouse, with a license to sell intoxicating liquor off the premises only. The property was on an inventory of Stroud Brewery property that was made in 1928. It was listed simply as a ‘dwelling house at Nupend, Eastington, and 2 cottages adjoining.’
Map Reference: SO 789068 (approx)
Rateable Value in 1891: £8.0s.0d.
Owner in 1891: Frederick Price of Stonehouse (free from brewery tie)
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse (off sales only)
Rateable Value in 1903: £8.0s.0d.
Owner in 1903: Godsell & Sons, Salmon Springs Brewery, Stroud
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse (off sales only)
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords / Keepers
1891 Charles Cave
1903 Cornelius Wilson