The Plough Inn does not feature in the 1891 book of the licensed premises in Gloucestershire. The last documented evidence of it trading is in 1870 when G. Miles was the occupying landlord.
In October 2004 the property was put on the market in two separate lots. The main house and garden was offered with a guide price of £300,000 and (Lot 2) an orchard and infill land was to be sold at £100,000. The old public house was described as a ‘substantial Grade II listed building now in need of extensive modernisation and renovation.’ The property comprised of three receptions, five bedrooms, a large second-floor attic space with potential for conversion (subject to planning).