Mobley is half a mile to the east of Berkeley and is sometimes listed as being in the Parish of Hamfallow.
The Plough at Mobley had a long association with the Cornock family. When Rose Cornock died in the 1950’s it seems that the Plough Inn ceased trading. The pub was then selling Georges Beers from Bristol.
The brick built building is now a private residence called the Old Plough and is located near the roundabout at the southern end of the Berkeley by-pass. A date stone on the property reads 1858.
Owner in 1891: Thomas Pearce Bailey (leased Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Thomas Pearce Bailey (leased Arnold Perrett & Co. Ltd., Wickwar Brewery)
Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Plough Inn include:
1891 John Freeman
1903 Absalom Cornock
1930 George Edward ‘Ted’ Cornock (Absalom’s Son)
1936 Rose Hannah Cornock (Ted’s wife)