The Plough Inn has had a long association with Arkell’s Kingsdown Brewery – the Swindon brewed beers have possibly been quenching customers’ thirsts at the Plough for 179 years [at the time of writing in 2022]. The Palmer Hall is next door to the pub.

Map Reference: SP 152009

This page will be updated with additional information.

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: Arkell & Son, Kingsdown Brewery, Swindon

Rateable Value in 1891: £16.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse

Owner in 1903: Arkell & Son, Kingsdown Brewery, Swindon

Rateable Value in 1903: £16.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse

Closing time in 1903: 11pm

Landlords at the Plough Inn include:

1891,1903  Henry Barrett

1913 Mr A. Ryman

1939 John William Burge

1998 (Oct) Oliver and Sheila Cleary

2000, 2001 Ronnie Curry

2001 Paul and Renata Reynolds

2002 Nicola Campbell

2005 (Sept),2008 Roger and Petra Fessey

Share this Page: