The petty sessional divisional records of 1891/1903 refer to the Plough Inn, Minchinhampton Parish. It was sited next to Workman’s saw mills in Little Britain. The Plough Inn is now demolished. An old photograph of the Cotswold stone pub shows a plain two storey building with a ‘jug and bottle’ department at the side of the pub.

Courtesy Nailsworth Town Archives
Henry Workman’s Saw Mills. The Plough is in the middle right of the photograph behind the large telegraph pole. Courtesy Nailsworth Town Archives.

Map reference: SO 843022 (Little Britain Farm)

Licensing Details:

Owner in 1891: Stroud Brewery

Rateable value in 1891: £12.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse

Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery

Rateable value in 1903: £12.0s.0d.

Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse

Closing time in 1903: 10pm

Landlords at the Plough Inn include:

1891 Walter Lewton

1903 George Alfred Virgo

Share this Page: