The Plough Inn was built in 1631 and is near Kelmscott Manor, once the home of the artist and designer William Morris.

Courtesy Michael Wilkes

Despite the Gloucestershire postal code the village of Kelmscott is just over the county boundary in Oxfordshire, just two and a half miles from Lechlade. Consequently the Plough Inn is not included in the 1891 and 1903 licensing books that give details of the ownership of the pubs in Gloucestershire.

This page will be updated with additional information.

Map Reference:  SP 249989

Landlords at the Plough Inn include:

1999 Trevor and Anne Pardoe

Share this Page: