In the licensing books of 1891 and 1903 the Plough is listed as being in Painswick. The Plough Inn was in the hamlet of Jacks Green on the southern side of the Sheepscombe Valley. The Plough closed in 1968 and is now a private residence called the Old Plough.
Map reference: SO 887099
Owner in 1891: Holmes, Harper & Co.
Rateable value in 1891: £15.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Nailsworth Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £15.15s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Plough Inn include:
1891 Frederick Halliday
1903 John Light
1939 Mrs Esther Annie Sellars