The Plough and Harrow, at the northern end of Ashton under Hill, was the epitome of a traditional black and white thatched country pub – the perfect idyll. It is listed as having no name in the 1891 licensing book. It is believed to have closed after the First World War. It is now in residential use – Plough Cottage.
Map Reference: SO 997385 (approx)
Owner in 1891: John Creswell (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1891: £10.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: Thomas Hooper (free from brewery tie)
Rateable value in 1903: £10.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Beerhouse
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
1891 John Creswell
1903 William Hooper