Rutland Street was off Swindon Road near the present Lidl store.
There were two pubs in Rutland Street as listed in the 1891 licensing records, the Pilgrim Inn and the Plasterers Arms. They are listed concurrently with different rateable values. The Plasterers was a licensed beer house and throughout the years from 1891 to 1903 had a constant annual rateable value of £15.5s.0d. Cheltenham Original Brewery were the owners. The local brewery, just a short distance away, also owned the Pilgrim. It seems probably that the licence of the Pilgrim was relinquished in favour of the Plasterers Arms. The licence of the Plasterers Arms was not renewed in 1918.
G Cummings provided materials for Home Brewed Beer – listed as the Plasterers Arms, Tewkesbury Road.
Landlords at the Plasterers Arms include:
1891 Thomas Cheers (he was previously publican at the Albion House, 93 Albion Street)