The Plaisterers Arms is on the southern side of the Square in the centre of the town not far from the parish church which is famous for its grotesque gargoyles.
The pub was once owned by the Combe’s Brockhampton Brewery. When the brewery was sold to Ind Coope & Co the Plaisterers Arms was also acquired. For many years the pub sold Ind Coope beers. The company was eventually rebranded as Hall’s Oxford and West Brewery in the 1980’s. The parent company, Allied Breweries, sold the Plaisterers Arms in the early 1990’s and for a few years it operated as a freehouse until it was bought by Ushers.
This page will be updated.
Owner in 1891: John Hall (leased Thomas Combe, Brockhampton Brewery)
Rateable value in 1891: £15.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Beerhouse
Owner in 1903: George Thomas Combe, Brockhampton Brewery
Rateable value in 1903:
Type of licence in 1903:
Closing time in 1903: 11pm
Landlords at the Plaisterers Arms include:
1891 John Bayliss
1903 William Monk
1939 Harry Spencer
1994 David and Shirley Gale
1997 David Gould
1999 Tony McClintock