The billiard hall at the Pineholt Club was severely damaged by fire on the night of Tuesday January 4th 1972. Firemen with two appliances and using three jets spent 20 minutes to stop the main blaze but spent several hours afterwards dampening down operations as bits of smouldering asbestos flew from the gutted building. At the height of the blaze flames shot 20 to 30 feet upwards through the roof.  The billiard table was extensively damaged along with some chairs in the room. However the main building was unaffected.

Share this Page: