The Patch Bridge Hotel was constructed in 1871 on the ‘north side of the lane’ and the license was transferred from the original Shepherds Patch Inn. Henry King was the owner in 1871 (he died on 15th March 1895). In 1903 the Patch Bridge Hotel was leased to the ‘Dursley Brewery Company’ – presumably Elvy’s. The licence of the Patch Bridge Hotel was extinguished with compensation on 19th February 1927.
Map Reference: SO 728042
Rateable Value in 1891: £24.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1891: George Tudor (free from brewery tie)
Rateable Value in 1903: £20.0s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: H. King (leased ‘Dursley Brewery Company’ )
Owner in 1921: ‘In the occupation of the Cheltenham Original Brewery Co.Ltd.’
Closing time in 1903: 10pm
Landlords at the Patch Bridge Hotel include:
1891 Mary Harding
1902 John Steel
1903 Arthur T. Harris
1906 Charles Robbins
1919 Thomas Damery
1921-1926 John William Collard
1927 William Collard