There is a house on the left hand side of the lane a few yards up from the existing New Red Lion called the Old Red Lion. It had opened by 1804 and, for a while, it was trading at the same time as the New Red Lion.
Map Reference: SO 898025
Owner in 1891: George Playne, Forwood Brewery, Minchinhampton
Rateable value in 1891: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1891: Alehouse
Owner in 1903: Stroud Brewery
Rateable value in 1903: £11.5s.0d.
Type of licence in 1903: Alehouse
Closing time in 1903:
Landlords at the Old Red Lion include:
1856 D. Chew
1885 Jacob Gardiner
1891 Ann Gardiner
1902, 1906 David Mountford